Have this easy recipe for Halloween Snack Mix ready for any time the mood to munch strikes during spooky season! It is a sweet and salty party mix of classics that will feed a crowd and takes almost no time to throw together. No oven and no baking required!
Having a signature snack for the season is a great way to entertain in the weeks leading up to Halloween. If it's a sweet and salty mix of favorites that takes just five minutes to have ready for your crew, all the better.
This Halloween snack mix combines a base of cereal, popcorn, and pretzels with plenty of sweet treats. Candy corn, peanut butter cups, Reese's pieces, mini marshmallow bits, and googly eyes add color and fun to the mix.
This mix features peanut butter-y goodness, my favorite! If you're a peanut butter fan, try these Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars next time you want an easy baking project.
I include ingredient notes here when I think they’ll be helpful, including ways to source, any preparation tips, or why I've chosen a particular ingredient. Be sure to check out the recipe card below for the full list of ingredients and their quantities!
- Popped Popcorn - I purchased a bag of salted popped popcorn from the store for this easy mix. You could also pop up a bag at home.
- Pretzels - I think mini pretzels are the best shape for the mix, but pretzel nuggets or sticks would be great as well.
- Chex Cinnamon Cereal - These rice Chex have a cinnamon-sugar coating on half of the cereal pieces and the cinnamon spice is a welcome addition to the mix.
- Reese's Pieces - Halloween just isn't Halloween for me without a handful of these peanut butter candies. The bright orange, yellow, and brown colors add color to the mix.
- Reese's Mini Unwrapped Peanut Butter Cups - These are smaller than the wrapped mini peanut butter cups and are so convenient to add to the mix. you can also find mini peanut butter cups at Trader Joe's.
- Marshmallow Bits - These come in a jar in the same section you'd find ice cream sundae toppings at the supermarket. They are crunchy bits of marshmallow like you'd find in a packet of cocoa. You can also use regular mini marshmallows.
- Candy Corn Autumn Mix - Candy corn may be everyone's favorite candy to hate, but you can't deny that the festive corn and mini pumpkins are a fun addition to the mix!
- Candy Eyes - These candy eyes are readily available (I found mine at Target) in most supermarkets where you'd find holiday baking ingredients.
No need to preheat your oven or grab any fancy cookware for this recipe!
Add all of the ingredients to your largest bowl and gently stir it all together with clean hands. My little hand model was happy to help.
If you don't have a large bowl, use a paper bag. This will give you plenty of room to mix all of the ingredients together well.
Stir gently to avoid breaking up the cereal and pretzels too much! That's it, all of the preparation is done.
Hint: The heavier candy will fall to the bottom of the bag or bowl. When you are serving, make sure to mix it well to distribute all of the ingredients.
There are an almost infinite number of ways you can customize this Halloween snack mix to your liking. Try to keep the size of the various additions in mind for a snackable handful. Feel free to add in or swap ingredients with the suggestions below:
- Baking Chips - Add in a handful of chocolate chunks, white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips, or caramel bits.
- Nuts - Peanuts, almonds, or cashews would be great additions to your custom mix.
- Add Different Cereals - Cheerios, Kix, Apple Jacks, or other flavors of Chex can all be swapped for (or added to) the cinnamon Chex.
- Candies - Jelly beans, m&m's, cinnamon candies, Good & Plenty, and more can be added to the mix.
- Savory Snacks - Toss in some Goldfish crackers, Cheez-It crackers, oyster crackers, rice crackers, Bugles, or Combos.
Put out a big bowl of the Halloween snack mix along with a scoop or small cup and let everyone serve themselves. You can also purchase small snack bags and portion out the snack mix. These cute pumpkin snack bags were available at Target, but there are loads of options. A clear snack bag would be great, too, so all of the fun ingredients are visible.
If you aren't serving this Halloween snack mix right away, store it in an airtight container or zip bag to keep the ingredients from going stale. The mix can be stored at room temperature for up to three days, but if it lasts that long at your house I need to know your secret.
Involve the Kids
This is the perfect recipe to invite the kids to join you in the kitchen to help with. Measuring ingredients is a math and life skill everyone needs. There are lots of opportunities to talk about flavors and textures and why they work together.
Ensure that your Halloween snack mix ingredients are appropriate for your younger children. Many snack mix ingredients are choking hazards for toddlers.
Remember three things when combining ingredients for a good snack mix: a balance of sweet and salty flavors, uniform size of ingredients so that you can get a couple of flavors in each mouthful, and don't mix sour candies with chocolates.
Choose colored candies like m&m's, Reese's pieces, or candy corn to add color to your snack mix. Or, find colored candied popcorn at specialty stores to add extra color.
More No-Bake Treats
Here are more recipes that require zero baking time for a delicious treat!
More Party Snacks
Here are some perfect savory dips and spreads to put out for a great Halloween party spread:
Try It and Share
Entertain your favorites with a big bowl of this Halloween Snack Mix at the ready! I'd love to see how your mix turns out. Share with me by tagging your photo with #planeatpostrepeat and mentioning me @planeatpostrepeat on Instagram or Facebook. I can give you a virtual high five and thank you for cooking one of my recipes! Comment below with any questions and please leave a review so others can find this recipe more easily.
Halloween Snack Mix (5 Minute No Bake Recipe)
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 3 cups pretzel twists
- 3 cups cinnamon rice Chex cereal
- ½ cup Reese's Pieces
- ½ cup marshmallow bits
- 1 cup mini Reese's peanut butter cups
- 1 cup candy corn
- 2 tablespoon candy eyes
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl or a clean paper bag. Stir gently with a spoon or clean hands.
- Serve in a large bowl or in individual snack bags.
Nutrition facts are sometimes provided below and are calculated using an online calculator. With specific brands of ingredients and additions, omissions, or substitutions the nutrition facts may change. We encourage you to use your own nutrition facts caculator to obtain the most accurate nutrition facts for your meal.